Monday, April 26, 2010

Type breaking

I know we had talked about how it is not good to break type onto multple lines, and I think most would agree that it's not good to break the type onto different lines when some lines share multiple words. That's the case here. This is a patch I have for the band So Long Forgotten. These patches were designed to have quite the DIY (do it yourself) feel to them, and be visually entertaining to look at. I think they created something that has a great look to it, but isn't very legible when it comes to the type. I also think though that when it comes to bands legibility isn't the most needed aspect. If someone knows this band they will understand the type of it, and it will make sense. If they don't know the band it probably won't, but that goes back to the Psychedelic days of keeping the "square" people out. Although I don't think the term square is the proper term for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment